Kullu nafsin dhaa’iqatul maut
Every soul shall taste death
In the event of a death in the community, please contact one of the members of the Ghusl, Kafan & Dafan committee.
Al-hajj Sheni Dharsi (Chairman)
Res: (516) 354-1932
Cell: (516) 840-1042
Al-hajj Murtaza Ladha
Res: (201) 439-1235
Cell: (201) 892-9855
Al-hajj Maqbool Ladak
Res: (631) 467-6350
Off: (212) 354-5442
Please have the following information readily available on the deceased:
1. Name, Date and Place of Birth
2. Social Security #
4. Name of Next of Kin, Telephone # and Relationship
5. Father’s Name and Mother’s Maiden Name
In addition to the above, you can expect to be asked the following questions:
1. Name and telephone # of a family member coordinating funeral arrangements
2. Has the death certificate been signed
3. Does the deceased have any relatives who would like to assist in the ghusl (max 2)
4. Did the deceased have his/her own kafan they wish to use, if so, please have it at the center when the body is brought for ghusl
5. Depending on time of death, when would you wish to schedule the burial
Additional information that you should be aware of:
1. Please remove any foreign objects that may be attached to the body including jewelry or other valuable. Seek assistance from the medical staff at the hospital to remove any tubes, wires, etc.
2. Please make sure the deceased is laid with feet facing Qibla, hands straightened, eyes and mouth closed and feet joine
Rosedale and Rosehill Cemetery
355 East Linden Avenue
Linden, NJ 07036
Washington Memorial Park
855 Canal Road, Mt. Sinai, NY 11766
After the deceased has been buried, it is recommended to recite Salaatul Wahshat. This prayer can be performed at any time of the night, however, it is recommended that it be performed after the Isha prayer.
In the first rakat, Sura Al-Hamd followed by Ayatul Kursi (once). In the second rakat, Sura Al-Hamd followed by 10 times Sura Al-Qadr.
After saying Salaam, recite: “Allahumma Salli Ala Muhammadin Wa Ale Muhammad, Wab’ath Thawabeha Ila Qabri … (mention the name of the deceased)”
Translation: This salaat is performed for sending its reward as a gift to the Marhum.